- Category: Forms
Founded in 2003, Good Samaritan Institute (“GSI”) was created as a non-profit think tank which brings together diverse international non-commercial research organizations in order to promote open communication and transparent collaboration within the scientific community. In 2013, GSI expanded its mission to include targeting the enhancement of K-12 science education by offering science enrichment programs and professional development opportunities for educators. In order to facilitate its’ directives, GSI developed state of the art meeting and conference rooms at its current headquarters in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.
In collaboration with Southern Hybrid Homes, Good Samaritan Institute recently completed Phase I of its latest and most ambitious project to date, the Point Washington Preserve ("PWP"). PWP is a 5,000+ square-foot multi-purpose event venue pavilion & outdoor conference complex that will feature 60+ residential units, coffee shop, and a comm
ercial kitchen. PWP will be used to host science & engineering conferences, corporate retreats, educational summer camps, weddings, concerts, and special events. PWP is unique in that it is surrounded (on all sides) by hundreds of acres of state forest and is completely off the electrical grid. Solar Panels and Tesla PowerWall-2 batteries are used to c
ollect and store electricity, making it a true zero-energy community. The residential units can be used to house visiting scientists and engineers, conference & retreat participants, summer campers and wedding parties.
The GSI Internship Program is designed for students pursuing a degree in Engineering, Hospitality, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or any number of Scientific Research pursuits. Due to GSI’s program in PWP, students have the opportunity to gain practical experience through direct involvement with events targeting their chosen field and business and marketing concepts associated with various events. Exposure to specialized conferences and events provides students with valuable insight into key educational concepts, introduces students to future colleagues, and allows students to interact with potential employers in their field of study. GSI’s vision for the internship program is to provide an innovation hub where students gain lasting experience and have the opportunity to compete for high tech jobs.
Internship Program Benefits include:
- Practical training for a variety of Hospitality, Marketing, Business, & Engineering functions
- Opportunity to assist in planning, logistics, and execution of specialized event in their field
- Applied learning in real-world scenarios, facing real challenges, and gaining real experience
- Work alongside seasoned professionals, potential employers, and community clientele
- Documented volunteer hours that meet degree requirements in multiple fields of study
- Opportunities to supplement their Resume and receive a Letter of Recommendation
Program Requirements include:
- Commitment of one academic semester. This can be extended if mutually beneficial.
- Minimum commitment of one (1) full day or two (2) half days per week onsite, plus an additional 1-3 hours per week online (research, marketing, communication, etc.).
- Complete GSI Internship Program application available at: https://www.goodsamaritaninstitute.org/internship
- Sign attached GSI Internship Commitment Agreement & Commercial Liability Waiver
- The internship process is highly competitive due to our limited capacity, so applicants must submit a 500-word essay describing their career goals & reason for applying to program
- Submit all requisite application documentation to the address below prior to the appropriate deadline, and accepted interns will be notified by e-mail before the semester begins
GSI Education & Research Center
P.O. Box 1440
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Fall Semester - June 30
Spring Semester - November 30
Summer Semester - March 30 (Extended to May 30)